Monday, July 02, 2007

An Idea

I had an idea and wanted to throw it out for comment since it would apply to y'all. Have you ever heard of a swap? I'm not talking about a flea market swap; I'm talking about the concept of swapping a themed package. They are big in the crafting Internet world. People may swap yarn or scrapbook stuff or handmade items. I saw one the other day for knitters that was based on tea. They swapped yarn, tea, cookies, candy and treats. I thought it was a really neat idea. We could do something like it but drop the yarn part.

One of the things that I really liked about this swap is that they had to include at least one local item. That's what makes this appealing; it allows us to share our little corner of the world. As a matter of fact, if you don't like the tea theme, we can just make it a local theme swap and send each other things that our made in our hometown or state or providence. We could set a limit of $20 or $25USD.

So give me your feedback. What do you think? I want to hear from the guys out there, too. If no body's interested, that's fine. I'd be willing to do this if we could get at least 6 people interested.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

You know I'd swap it up with you...but you also know that we live reasonably close to each other and that my regional crap might be boring to you... just saying. there is a great yarn shop near to my studio though...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ms. Packrat said...

Hmm ... you know a North and South swap might be fun ...

2:27 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

I like the North South swap idea!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Chai said...

I've onlly been reading your blog for about a week now, and i know ou aren't familiar with me, but i would love to swap. I'm in east Texas, i have alot of regional items i could contribute...

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! I'd love to do this!!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I'd do it too!! Sounds like FUN!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home