Sunday, July 01, 2007

Weekend update

It has been a busy weekend here. That is until it came to a grinding halt.

Busy times:
  • Friday - cleaning the house, went to see the new Die Hard movie, visiting with family, eating fried chicken at the campground, talking with family.
  • Saturday - scoring some new clothes at Talbot's sale, visiting with family, shopping with them in our village, going to art show, going out to dinner with family (This was my big challenge. The family part was fine. Not to be unkind but dining with soon-to-be ex and his almost deaf father who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's was excruciatingly painful. Between dealing with soon-to-be ex's horrendously pathetic attempts at being witty, which only ended up coming off as mean-spirited and pissing everyone off, and his father asking me the same questions five or six times, I was about to lose it.).
  • Sunday - Went to church, planned menu for 4th of July party and for Motown concert that night, went grocery shopping, updated website for Monkey Boy's theater production company.
Grinding halt:
  • The rain came and put an end to the busy part of the weekend. Of course the rain came AFTER I bought groceries, so I have a fridge full of food and no one to eat it tonight. The Motown concert was an outdoor activity that was rained out. So I picked up my knitting and finished a kitchen washcloth I was working on. Such is life.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you got rained out. You should have called, I am starving!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

That was a painful supper. It was like two, 2 year olds fighting for attention.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Rick: there's still plenty of food in the fridge.

Reg: I can usually deal pretty well if there's just one of them, but the two of them almost sent me over the edge.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

cue the music: Here comes the rain again....

I was just saying to someone the other day that we Southerners chronically bitch about having no rain AND THEN.....

11:50 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

liv, Thanks for the heads up about the rain... it just got here.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home