Friday, June 29, 2007

Ode to a Friend

I got a phone call today from my dear friend, Dick. Do you have friends that you may not speak with for months, even a year or more, but after one phone call it's as if you had spoken all the time? Dick is one of those people for me. I met Dick when I was 18 years old. He was the sweet, handsome, suave manager in our department that all the girls had a crush on. Dick and I clicked immediately and would banter back and forth during the work day. He became a good friend to me and I knew he'd always be there for me if I needed him. That was over 25 years ago. Every once in a while, as he did today, he checks on me to make sure I'm OK. I truly appreciate and cherish him.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is a tribute to you as well as him!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Thanks, sweetie.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My pleasure!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Chai said...

friends like this, i call "family"...i have a handfull of friends like this, and n matter what we cn pick right where we left off as if time hsa not passed at all. I am ofen suprised when ifind out that there are people out there wh don't have friends like this in their lives. we are truly blessed.....

8:33 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

He sounds like my Dave. Dave knows all, can tell all, and is freakishly in tune with me. He knows when I lie to him in an online chat. He knows what I'm thinking before I do. I should have married him. Now he's my best friend a continent away...

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home