Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Did you have a nice 4th of July? We did! Every year we have a bunch of our friends over. We live a block from the pier where they shoot the fireworks off, so we have a prime location. We don't even bother walking down to the village. We just sit on our front porch and watch them.


Basically we spend the evening eating, drinking and hanging out watching the firework show. It's the perfect way to spend this summer holiday. I went with a classic menu this year: hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and baked beans. For dessert we had chocolate chip cookies decorated with 4th of July sprinkles (I sent a bag of these home with everyone.), turtle cookie bars and Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding. This is one of Paula Deen's recipes. If you haven't made this before, make it tomorrow. Don't hesitate. Just do it and then thank me for making you do it! I sent everyone home with some of the leftover banana pudding, too, so that I wouldn't be able to eat it!

Check out this cute photo of Monkey Boy and some of his friends. Aren't they a slice of Americana?!

We wrapped up the evening by parking ourselves on the big, comfy couch and watching the New York fireworks on the big screen TV. Life is good.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a wonderful time. And for some reason, I'm hungry for banana puddding....

1:03 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

perfection. I had that banana pudding yesterday. divine!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wish I was there!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home