Monday, July 02, 2007

Exit, Stage Right

I have got to stop volunteering. Is there a 12 step program for this? In a moment of weakness I agreed to become the stage manager for Monkey Boy's play. What does this mean? It means I have to keep 43 (I'm not exaggerating) children in the right place at the right time and I have to keep them quiet. I just finished doing this for 2 and 1/2 hours and I'm exhausted.

So far I've learned that if I know their name already, they get my attention way too much by talking and acting up. I have learned about 10 names so far. Tonight's highlights:
  • Peter Pan lost her cool when she realized that her zipper was down while on stage.
  • Tinker Bell had a mild crisis when her necklace broke.
  • Mermaids were very silly and talkative.
  • The flying scene did not go well.
  • Some of the older kids tried to put a smaller kid in the electrical box because they thought he would fit.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lu said...

Oh dear, I think you just found your cure. There is a great article about the art of saying No in Health Magazine this month You're new photo is stunning; beautiful and full of grace.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a night from "Hell" to me. I have to agree with Lu, You Look Beautiful!

4:05 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Thank y'all. You're making me blush!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home