Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tiki Lounge, pt. 1

I wrote about the arduous task of cleaning up and redecorating the third floor bedroom/loft a couple of days ago. I'm making it into a kids guest room/den with a tiki/surf/beach kind of motif. We built this space out years ago and really haven't used it to it's potential. We had been using this mostly for storage and I finally got motivated to make it more usable.
Since Rick asked for pictures, I'm sharing some now, including the scary 'before' picture which illustrates the nightmare of me going through boxes to decide what to keep and what to give to Goodwill (on a side note, my mother has informed me that she's changed her last name to Goodwill). Don't judge me people. Remember that I'm a woman in the middle of a divorce who is dieting. I will turn mean on you!
I got the bathroom finished last night! Now it is a very cute, beachy spa-like bathroom:


My challenge has been how to add art to this area, as it's built into the eaves and has short walls. On the only tall wall I put a collection of three items, staying with the surf theme. I really wanted to add more color to the room so I let Monkey Boy pick out a skimboard he liked and used it as art over the tub. We have a big whirlpool tub in the bathroom and no shower because of the short walls. I figure even if this gets wet, no big deal, the board is designed to play with in the surf!

I picked up this little painting at a local gallery and hung it in the bathroom. I think it's so cute!


4 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

love it! you are so talented---and an extra room to play with and decorate? just like finding buried treasure!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

liv, you're so sweet!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

That room looks awesome! I have this little light that I got at Target a couple years ago that says "Tiki Lounge" that would be perfect for in there...sadly, I do not yet have a tiki lounge of my own.
But I agree with Liv, you are very talented, nice job!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks very nice. Thanks for the pics.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home