Thursday, June 14, 2007

What should I do this weekend?



So I need to plan activities for myself for the weekend. Of course, I'll be going to see the new Fantastic Four movie. I think I'll wait to see the Nancy Drew movie until next week. Monkey Boy has hinted that he wants to see it but can't publicly admit that he wants to see it because he's a 10 year old boy. So he needs me there to say that I made him go in case he runs into friends. Here are the other options:
  • shop: I need to pick up a couple of twin mattresses for the new kids guest room I'm making out of the 3rd floor. Of course my shopping will not be limited to mattresses.
  • read: I have a pile of books about 3 1/2 feet tall to work through. I would read at Starbucks to be near to a source of caffeine and to avoid soon-to-be ex.
  • knit: I want to finish the blanket I'm making for Monkey Boy so that I can start a new project. Again, I would do this at Starbucks for reasons listed above.
  • go to beach: I could work on my tan, read and check out the boy toys.
  • 2007 Annual Georgia Sea Islands Festival: featuring storytellers, singers, exhibitions, displays, arts & crafts, musical groups and traditional coastal cuisine & desserts. This one is actually a must-do on my list.
  • drag some friends to Mudcat Charlie's: seafood and boats. What more could you want?
  • go to library and work on portfolio for teacher interviews: I want to be ready with lesson plans and stuff during my interviews.
  • drive down to Daytona for day to check out the big flea market there: I love flea markets and this one is supposed to be huge.
  • hide at a friend's house: This is my backup plan.
What do you think? I'm open to suggestions.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Grab his credit card and go to a local resort and pamper yourself.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Reg, you're the best BIL EVER!!! Sorry your golf game got rained out.

1:59 PM  
Blogger lu said...

I so admire you. You've built up these options, lived your life in such a way that you have them. I'm gobsmacked that people can live this way, with places to go and people to see. It's not easy,
I'd go for the most social of all of these. The less social you can do with Monkey boys around, go out and show the devil his due, that you have a life, a full life without him.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Thank you, lu. You've made me feel special and blessed.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

I second the being proud...and I'm taking notes! This weekend is a 'kid' weekend for me. Next weekend is going to be a 'yoga' weekend and the following is going to be a 'party in ATL' weekend. All in all, life is too good not to be living it.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

liv, are you going to ATL for the 4th? If we weren't doing the family reunion and hosting our annual party, I would be so there with you! You could tell me your story about El Azteca on Ponce.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

actually i'll be there on the 30th for a mtg, party and (cross fingers) date!

we should have an ATL rendezvous!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Maybe the end of July when Monkey Boy is done with his play? We could go to El Azteca or Fellini's or Savage Pizza or the Vortex in Little Five Points!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ms. Packrat said...

Girl, you need to come up here and go to Ikea for kid guest room furniture ... and great coffee.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Mmmm, coffee! And I do love Ikea. Ms. Packrat, did you like that help desk video I sent you?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Oh, the food! Love your idea missy!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home