Monday, June 11, 2007

Monkey Boy's New World

Monkey Boy's world has changed since yesterday's whine fest. Changes to his world include not being allowed to use electrical entertainment interfaces (Game Boy, video game consoles, TV, the computer) before 11:00am and having to have the following chores completed before 11:00am:
  • Water palm trees by front doors
  • Fill up water fountain
  • Water pots by front gate
  • Fill dog's drinking bowl
  • Make bed (he was supposed to be already doing this but I was slack about enforcing it.)

I'm thinking that I'll be adding to this list before the end of summer. I think he needs an afternoon set of chores, too. (Can you hear my evil mommy laugh?) The outdoor stuff has the side advantage of getting him dressed before noon. This morning went fine. I wonder how long it will be before the whining starts again? By the way, I've decided that whine = more changes to Monkey Boy's world. Let's see how long the behavior reconditioning takes. (More evil mommy laughter.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

I'm proud of you. Davis' mouth has gotten him in quite a bit of hot water recently, and I am having to be a bit more heavy handed than normal with the discipline. It's like summer came and away went manners.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

There must be something in the air. I was talking to one of my girlfriends and she said her 10 year old son was acting more like a sassy, moody 12 year old girl.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home