Friday, June 15, 2007

Rules

Next weekend, my friend, Sexy (I keep linking to her site thinking that she will be shamed into writing more often!), is coming to visit me. She travels as a package deal so this visit includes her husband and 4 kids. Monkey Boy and I are way beyond excited about seeing them again. However, I'm thinking with that many kids in the house I should set some rules. Here's my first draft:
  1. Do not play anywhere near the big screen TV. Throwing/slinging things at or near the big screen TV or generally being too near to the big screen TV will result in a time-out in the penalty box otherwise known as the ugly uncomfortable couch.
  2. No fires.
  3. No actions that could result in bleeding or broken bones.
  4. Pants must be worn in the common areas. No nads on my furniture!
  5. If you have a problem with someone, deal with it yourself and without inflicting pain. This is a tattletale free zone.
  6. DO NOT take my last diet Coke.

I think that pretty much covers it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you experienced problems keeping the.... ummm... NADS off your furniture in the past? This seems an odd rule, but obviously was born out of necessity. Is there a story here?

8:07 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Monkey Boy doesn't like clothes. We'll come home and he'll ask me if we are going out any more that day. If the answer is no, he'll strip to his undies. He would totally strip if I would let him, hence the no nads on furniture rule. I pretty casual, but even I have my limits.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

I also like Joy Behar's vacation house rule: bring your own sheets. (good for weekend company) This way, the dirty laundry goes home with the guests and less work for the hostess. Granted, I don't think the Southern girl in me would impose this rule, but I wouldn't mind being subjected to it at all.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home