Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Small Town Woes

As some of ya'll know, I live in a small, southern, sleepy beach town. What do I hate most about living in a small, southern, sleepy beach town? Apparently there is a strange belief system here that people don't need coffee until after 8:30 or 9:00!!! I dropped Monkey Boy off for his 1st day of 4th grade and pulled into my usual coffee stop at 7:50am. There was a sign on the door saying that they wouldn't be open until 8:30 today! So I decided to try another coffee place that I hadn't been to before. And I won't be going back to again because they were closed!!!! Are people unclear on the concept of coffee?! Are they unaware that coffee is America's morning beverage of choice?! Why can't I get a freakin' cup of coffee?!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger weirdbunny said...

Oh I couldn't possibly contemplate a morning without coffee either.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's strange! The coffee places here in MY small sleepy Southern town all cater to the morning driving-to-work people, so they are open early! Well, they are also on the interstate, to be honest... But still, why have coffee in mid-morning??

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home