Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tales of a Yarn Kitty and Gin

Last night I was unpacking some of the stuff I brought back from Michigan. I piled the yarn I bought on clearance on the bed. Suddenly the Mysterious Miss Kitty appeared. She started her yarn investigation by sniffing the yarn and then selected one skein to push all around the bed using her nose!

"I love the smell of yarn in the morning!"

After growing bored with that activity, she started knocking the skeins of yarn off the bed with her paws. After graciously allowing me to collect the yarn and reassemble my pile, she lounged in it. Meow!


I'm too sexy for my yarn!

My DH has taken Monkey Boy with him on a business trip so I'm alone this week (as alone as you can be with a pathologically needy puppy and psychotic cat!). Last night my big decision was whether to have hot dogs and gin and tonic for dinner or steak and wine. I ended up splitting the middle and had steak and G & T. I didn't feel lonely or restless and couldn't even manage to feel guilty for not feeling lonely. So either I need the 'alone time' or it was a side effect of the gin!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, sounds like a good deal to me! Why would you feel guilty? We all (especially mothers) need some alone time.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

You know how it is: You feel like you are supposed to be doing something. As the mom, you are supposed to be tending to something, cooking something, cleaning something and/or fixing something. Having nothing to do feels strange. Its kind of like how I felt when I graduated college. I felt like I was supposed to still do homework and study. It took me a couple of months to shake the feeling!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home