Thursday, July 06, 2006

Americana Summer

They couldn't be any more cliched American in Mayberry than we were at my house this year. Monkey Boy and his friend, K-Man, set up a lemonade/soda stand in the front yard. The funny part of the stand is what it was made of: it use to be a crate for a $20,000 chandelier! (Can you say privileged childhood?!) No, the chandelier is not in my house. It is in the antique store where I work. We painted it up right with red, white and blue.

I was in charge of decorating the yard. Check it out: banners around the porch, paper lanterns in the trees and red and blue punching balloons scattered around. I loved it!

Dinner was awesome. I made barbecue pork sandwiches and hot dogs. Saundra made a great potato salad. Nancy made an awesome Asian cole slaw. Throw in some chips and sodas and you're done!

Happy birthday America!

I have to share this photo of Monkey Boy. His cousin Dee bought him a set of 6 fake noses so that you can 'pick your nose.' Look at silly Monkey Boy. He has them on his nose, ears and knees! Don't sneeze, Monkey Boy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally something my son would do -- and he's almost 15!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a fabulous time!!! Tell Saundra thanks for introducing me to the wonderful world of Citron. ;o)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home