Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blast from the Past Meme

I got tagged by the divine Ms. Liv:

1. Who was your best friend? Karen and Carol. We traveled as a pack.

2. What sports did you play? I dabbled in cross country.

3. What kind of car did you drive? Silver Ford Granada

4. It’s Friday night, where were you? At movies or at the arcade or hanging out at the Mr. Ghetti's parking lot.

5. Were you a party animal? Not really. The one thing we did do is drive up to Athens sometimes to sneak into bars where the B-52s used to play.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Definitely. But I was harmless.

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? choir, in jr. high.

8. Were you a nerd? Totally, I took classes like Physics and Polar Geometry in high school. And played D&D with my friends.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Never. I couldn't even tell you what the inside of the principle's office looked like.

10. Can you sing the fight song? No way. I do remember it being lame. I do know the fight song from college.

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Wiley, he gave me my love of writing.

12. School mascot? Raiders.

13. Did you go to Prom? Just my senior year.

14. If you could go back and do it over, would you? OMG, no.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember the ceremony. I remember the gown, the stained glass windows in the church, getting my picture taken after the ceremony.

16. Where were you on senior skip day? I don't remember having one.

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Since I was 16. I worked in the JCPenney Outlet in Forest Park. I worked in the store in the Drapery and Fabric department. I got the job because I could do math! During the summers, I would work days in the un-air conditioned warehouse taking clothes off of wire hangers and putting them on plastic hangers. Then I would go home, shower and pack to the store to work some more.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? We had a group that sat at a regular table.

19. Have you gained weight since then? I am the Queen of Up and Down Weight. Up high school junior year, down senior year, up and down in college, up and down the rest of my friggin' life. I am sorry to admit that I did hit my heaviest during this fun time of divorce. So far I'm down 13 and still going.

20. What did you do after graduation? Worked before I graduated, married before I graduated college, worked after college, started my own company, worked more. Now I'm hoping to start a new career, teaching, this fall.

21. Who was your Senior prom date? I went with a friend named Bill. His mother was my typing teacher and was so thrilled that he had a date, she gave me an A in her class. We had prom in downtown Atlanta, ate at the Abbey and finished up at the Krispy Kreme doughnuts on Ponce.

[Am I the only one noticing that there isn't a #22 here?]

23. Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion? No and no. No to 15. No to 20.

24. Who was your home room teacher? Ms. Scott. She was strange.

25. Who will repost this after you? I'm hoping Terri does. She said that she likes memes, but she may have been kidding. Sarcasm can be hard to detect in print. Any and all are welcome to repost.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaa....?
Chicks.
Chicks played D&D too!!!
Maybe....maybe they all played D&D in special groups of chicks. Chicks that would have given anything to date someone who knew his d20 from his elbow. Chicks who thought drinking Ribena was the sign of a real man.
....
Guys, we didn't look hard enough. They *were* out there. But we screwed up.
Pass the beer.

10:11 AM  
Blogger ellie bee said...

krispy kreme and an A in typing? you win best senior prom in my book!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

enter the place where our similarities end....

thanks for playing!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

mikeachim: We had 3 or 4 girls that would show up in our group and I knew of another cluster at Mercer College.

Ellie Bee: The A in typing cracked me up be I so sucked at it, but I could do no wrong in her class.

Liv: Apparently the twin vortexes of evil began after marriage!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Harriette Jacobs said...

oh wow - my cousins went to Riverdale; small world.

Have a great weekend!
Harriette

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely do this one! Looks like fun!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home