Sunday, May 13, 2007

Summer is Almost Here!!!

Do the 'Summer is Almost Here Happy Dance' with me! I was talking to Gigi today and we both are already getting excited about our annual 4th of July visit. Here on our little island, the 4th of July is actually busier and bigger than Christmas. We have the Sunshine Festival then, which includes a carnival with rides, the world's best lemonade made by this cool looking Native American guy, an art show, concerts and, of course, fireworks! Monkey Boy and his friend usually have a stand set up to sell sodas to the tourists. One year they made over $70!
I live about 300 feet from where they shoot the fireworks, the largest show in the southeast, so everyone comes to my house and parties. As a matter of fact, one year I wasn't here on the 4th and everyone came to my house anyway. Hmm, maybe I need a better class of friends.
Anyway, a large clump of family camps at one of the nearby islands and we do stuff like eat, talk, go to the beach, ride our bikes, eat, talk, shop, see the sights, golf, eat, talk (did you pick up on the fact that there's a lot of eating and talking?!) Gigi and I were trying to decide if we would run up to Savannah for a day trip. And Reggie and I have been talking about the outdoor Motown concert by the lighthouse we love to go to. Here's a little collage I put together of past 4th of Julys for your viewing pleasure:


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast. I will be in either Savannah or Charleston during that time!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Weren't you just in Savannah? And have you ever been to Charleston during July? I think Dante used it as a model for one of his rings of Hell.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home