Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Watch out teens and small animals

I have a friend who is endlessly amusing to me named Ellen. She is one of those people who, like me, finds constant amusement in her own life. Every school day morning you'll find us on the beach walking. Yesterday Ellen was a little on the agitated side. She was worried that she had lost her prescription sunglasses. As a matter of fact, she was so worried about it that she called her son's school and had him pulled out of homeroom to take her call so she could ask him if he knew where her sunglasses where!! As you may know, being pulled out of homeroom to take a phone call from your mom is akin to death for a shy 13 year-old male. By the time I got home from my walk, Ellen had left a message on my voice mail: "Um, If I didn't have to work today I don't think I would allow myself to be on the road today. I just ran over and killed a snake, which means not only did I kill something, but now I have snake blood on the loaner car from the dealership." Being a supportive, caring friend, I called her back and asked her what the snake look like. After hearing her description I'm pretty sure that it was a rattlesnake (we have a lot of those around here). I then offered to bring her lunch, telling her that I thought it would be best if she didn't drive anymore than she had to as 13 year-old boys and small animals were not safe from her!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home