Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's Just a Job

I had to run a bunch of errands today including getting a new sticker for my car tag. I waited patiently in line and when it was my turn, I cheerfully asked the lady behind the counter how she was doing. She totally went off about how bad her day was, how a million little things were annoying her and so on. I looked at her and said, "Do what I do. Tell yourself over and over again that's it's just a job. It doesn't define you. It's just a paycheck." She actually reached out, took my hand and told me that she really needed to hear that! And she wasn't being sarcastic! I was so shocked. I mean, when was the last time that someone at a tax office touched you! She showed me a photo of her kids and told me that I reminded her that they were important and the other stuff was just noise. Wow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kindness goes an amazingly long way! just think - probably the person behind you was treated nicely instead of like crap!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home