Friday, February 02, 2007

Otherworld Weather

I was born in the 60s. I have memories that include moon walks, Skylab, shuttle launches and the first photos of Mar's landscape. I really thought that we would have a colony on the moon by the time I was 'grown up.' (I loved the old TV show Space: 1999 and had a huge crush on Nick Tate!) And I'm still waiting for the transporter technology they showed on Star Trek to become reality so that I can get a decent cup of Starbuck's without driving for an hour! But what I never thought about was getting weather reports from other parts of the galaxy. Today I saw a report for one of Saturn's moon, Titan. Apparently there's a cloud about half the size of the U.S. over the Titan's north pole. How cool is it that we know that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home