Monday, January 15, 2007

I want to go to England!

My dear and wonderful friend, Joe, visited me today. Joe is one of those people who lives a charmed life. Currently he and his partner are starting a publishing company in London. Yes, Joe just decided one day to move from New York to London and start a business. He's like that. I love that about him. Anyway, he was here visiting his mom and he stopped by my house before jetting back to England. We had a wonderful time talking about where our lives were going and I am now dying to go to England. You may or may not know that my mom is from England (Yorkshire, to be more exact) so I have visited Britain several times. After hearing about Joe's life in England and hearing him use British terms like 'pinch' instead of 'steal,' I am dying to go there. I may have to make a trip over there this summer. I can stay in London for a few days with Joe and then take the train to Yorkshire and stay with my aunt. You wouldn't mind, would you Aunt Pip? (she reads this blog!) I'll let you know what I decide.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Hmmm, publishing company you say? Well that just so happens to be what I do...maybe I should arrange a trip out there with you - do you think they would take on a Canadian editor?

I know what you mean about accents and terms from other places getting to you, just hearing you write about it makes me want to "pinch" a plane ticket over there.

If you really do go you'll have to be sure to take lots of pics!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you smuggle me in your suitcase? Would love to go also.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home