Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wishful thinking for 2007

Are you one of those people who make resolutions each year? Some years I do and some years I don’t. This year is one of the years I do. I feel a need to put some kind of organized goal setting into my currently chaotic life. So here it goes:

  • Ready for the most clichéd resolution of all time: Lose weight. I have been ‘comfort eating’ way too much lately. This has to stop. So my mom and I are going to be diet buddies. My plan is to exercise more and eat more like a vegetarian. I don’t plan to become a total vegetarian but my goal is to start by eating like one for 2 days a week to start and work myself up to 5 days a week. I know from past experience that I lose weight when I eat less meat (which tends to be fried around this part of the country) and eat more fruits and veggies.
  • Get a job as a teacher. I have concerns about this career as it requires that I deal with hordes of children. But I think with the right attitude and the possible addition of prescription tranquilizers (for me or the kids, I’m not picky) this will work for me. Plus it allows me to get a paycheck, benefits and be on Monkey Boy’s schedule.
  • Finalize my divorce. Its time for me to leave the dark side!
  • Have fun. This entails more travel, more ‘me’ time, etc.
  • Redecorate the house. I need to make it more of a ‘me’ house instead of an ‘us’ (me and the soon-to-be ex) house.

That’s the goals I’ve set for 2007. How about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Gigi taught me how to loose weight and keep it off. She eats anything she wants but she eats very slowly and only a 1/2 portion at a maximum. This means I walk away from some very good foods when eating out.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home