Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Gift of Not Giving

Don't you love friends who really get you? You don't have to pussyfoot around them. You can just be upfront with them and more times than not, you're both on the same page. Leslie is one of these friends. Check out this email exchange:

-----Original Message-----
From: The Pod
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:23 PM
To: Leslie
Subject: Christmas question

BTW, got the package. Thanks so much. We had such a great time visiting. So here is my question: are we exchanging Christmas gifts? I'm such a wienie I have to ask.
Sharon

----- Original Message ----
From: Leslie
To: The Pod
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:19:12 PM
Subject: RE: Christmas question

I'm good with exchanging "New Year's" presents. ;o)
I am SSSOOOO behind right now. I haven't even started shopping for Kaiden yet, I still need a couple of things for Kurt, and my grandparents won't get their pictures until January. How lame am I?

----- Original Message ----
From: The Pod
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:39 PM
To: Leslie
Subject: Re: Christmas question

We could give the gift of not giving. That's where we use the time we would have used to shop, wrap and mail the presents to think of happy thoughts of each other!

----- Original Message ----
From: Leslie
To: The Pod
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:27:30 AM
Subject: RE: Christmas question
That sounds good. Or we could buy ourselves something & say it's from the other. Example, I think you're giving me a new pair of jeans. What am I giving you? ;o)

-----Original Message-----
From: The Pod
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:37 AM
To: Leslie
Subject: Re: Christmas question

You're buying me some hot rollers that I need for my new haircut. Thanks! Am I buying you jeans from that store at Northpoint?

----- Original Message ----
From: Leslie
To: The Pod
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 1:27:30 PM
Subject: RE: Christmas question

Absolutely! Send me a pic of your new do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I feel like a real part of your life now. I've made the blog!
Love ya!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home