Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Docking Time

Let me start by saying that I drive an over-sized, semi-stupid vehicle, known as Big Red. Big Red is a Ford Excursion, which is one of the largest non-commercial vehicles made in the past 10 years. Believe it or not, this beastie of a vehicle handles great. When I drive it I treat it like a REALLY big sports car. After grocery shopping, I bebopped home. What makes this an unusual event is that I had an audience watching me. Right when I was ready to park, several pickup trucks full of construction workers happened by. They didn't really happen by; they actually paused and watched. Apparently a chick parallel parking a ridiculously large vehicle is a form of entertainment. Realize that I park Big Red this way at least twice a day and I've become quite the pro at this. It takes me less then a minute and two turns of the steering wheel to perform this maneuver. Once Big Red is docked, I mean parked, the construction workers continued driving. One of the older ones was nodding his head as he drove by, signalling his approval!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home