Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Son the Doctor

Monkey Boy is one of those kids that you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. For example, there was the time that he announced that he was going to be a doctor. My son, the doctor! This was a moment of Mommy pride, but then I realized that this was my kid we were talking about. So I asked, "Why do you want to be a doctor?" He responded with this priceless bit of wisdom: "So that I can get paid to see people naked." Great.

I shared this story with out family doctor who has exudes all the joy and humor of dry toast, and he says, without missing a beat, "It's not all that its cracked up to be!" Now Monkey Boy wants to be a FBI agent like the cute guy on 'Bones.'

Here's Monkey Boy dressed up as a scientist in a photo taken a couple of years ago. What will this child turn out to be?

6 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Priceless! At least your son has exciting ideas as to what he wants to do as an adult. In 4th grade, my son's class was asked what they wanted to do when they grew up. Most of the kids gave nice, responsible answers... teachers, doctors, lawyers, etc. My son replied that he was going to be a monster truck driver!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Well, your post got me thinking and so I asked my 4 yr old who says he'd like to be a soccer player. I suppose as long as he can support me as well as Becks supports Posh, we'll be okay!

5:59 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Well be grateful, he could have said he wanted to be a photographer for Playboy! LOL.

And I can top it--my five year old wants to be "a fairy princess mother" when she grows up; at least your kid's in touch with reality!

6:19 PM  
Blogger lu said...

Ha!
Overheard over at Lu's:
A: Mom, I figured out what I want to do when I grow up---An air freshener designer--I'll banapple, Pine-apple, Ham, Bacon...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

lu, sadly, I think there would be a market for bacon air freshener. It's the favorite scent of this house!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

liv, at 4 mine wanted to be a super-hero, rockstar ninja!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home