Friday, February 16, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia: Semi-spoiler

If you haven't read the book, Bridge to Terabithia, like me, and are planning to go see the movie [Stop now if you don't want to know anything about the movie. Turn back. Run from this post!] . . . it's sad. Really, really sad. Lots of Kleenex kind of sad. I feel compelled to warn you because it totally blindsided me and the other to mommies that took our kids to the movie. The kids were fine but we, the mommies, were sobbing loudly. I'm not saying that it's a bad movie. It's actually beautifully done. I just wasn't in the mood for a gut-wrenching movie. You have been warned.

2 Comments:

Blogger ellie bee said...

I heard that the book was heart wrenching, from my kids, and have decided to wait for the video--I like to wail and snuffle in the privacy of home. They will just have to go without me!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

ooh, yes, the book was quite the emotional experience. as for the movie, sometimes I'm just one for letting the book live on in my brain and heart. when the vision of the director doesn't match up with my own, I am prone to enormous disappointment.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home