Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Strep: Night 2 - Night of the Wicked Fever

Last night was not fun. Monkey Boy's fever reached 104. 2 degrees even with Advil and Motrin. I was scared to death. I didn't go to sleep in spite of being worn out because I was afraid he'd have a convulsion or something with the fever. I got all of his clothes off him and kept cold washcloths on him (which, by the way, he slept through), trying to get the fever down. Finally at around 11:30pm his fever went down to 102.1. By midnight it was down to 100.9. And it kept going down. Wahoo! I got to finally go to sleep. I woke back up at 6am and took his temp: 98.6!

Side-note: On top of dealing with the fever, I had to deal with soon-to-be ex. He kept calling and announced at 10pm that he was flying in the next day. Why, I asked, what could you do that I'm not doing? He said: "Maybe he's not getting better because I'm not there. My being there will make him better." Seriously, WTF? Does he have god-like powers that I'm not aware of? Of course once he heard Monkey Boy was doing better, he decided to go to a hockey game instead of coming to spread his mysterious power here. Whatever.

Addition to original post: I've mentioned that Monkey Boy talks in his sleep. He just said, "I get sickie sick when I'm sick." Either I need a magic decoder ring for this or it is too profound for me to understand in my sleepless stupor!

8 Comments:

Blogger lu said...

Oh, Peaches,

I'm glad he's feeling better. There's nothing worse than that kind of fatigue and worry combined. One of my boys does the sleep walking/talking thing. Once he was screaming, "Don't push the button E... don't push the button!"
Another time he walked into the laundry room and tried to climb inside the dryer.

And Mr. Wonderful,,,Good God, how is it possible that there is more than one?

8:05 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Thanks. I'm hoping to actually sleep tonight.

As to sleep walking, I had a roomie in college who would sleep walk. I would wake up to find her pounding on the door. I would tell her to go back to bed and she would. She would talk in her sleep, too, and you could ask her anything, which was endlessly entertaining.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, some men are just incredibly selfish. I'm sorry!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

See? All Mr. Wonderful had to do was threaten to come home and Monkey Boy got better! That's power!

11:15 AM  
Blogger ellie bee said...

hope you are all better now...sending good thoughts

11:31 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

I love you liv! You have such a better handle on my life than I do!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

okay, that was me. I misspelled some words and that is just not like me, so delete I did. Anyhoo, I was saying that I would certainly tell you about Davis and the diarrhea when I emerge from the "due to litigation in progress I cannot say what I want to" phase of my life. blogging always reminds me to stay careful!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home