Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Missing Someone I Never Knew

A friend of mine asked me to make a scrapbook for her husband as a birthday present for him. His father recently passed away and he has emails, photos, cards, etc. that friends and family have sent him illustrating the wonderful life of his father. These are what I am using to make the scrapbook.

As I've read these notes I've constructed an image of this person. He was kind, thoughtful, and extremely generous with both his time and spirit. He was a character with funny little quirks. He made a point of letting people know he was thinking of them. He sent people flowers for every occasion.

I have come to mourn the passing of this man, this person I've never met. After getting to know him through this correspondence, I truly wish I had know him in life.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

what a sweet thing for you to do. ellie bee does a similar and amazing thing with quilt making. makes me feel like such a useless gas bag. AND I can't knit.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Thanks, guys!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home