Sunday, October 02, 2005

I love Atlanta!

Just got back from a quick weekend trip to Atlanta! What is it about a weekend away that recharges you? On Friday, Saundra and I threw our luggage and children into the big, stupid SUV and headed to the big city.

After several fun-filled hours of correcting and threatening our dear children, we rolled into Atlanta. Friday we checked into the Staybridge Suites. I totally recommended this hotel if you are looking for a reasonably priced and nice place to stay.

Saturday the kids started their morning with a swim and then we headed out for some recreational shopping. We met the fabulous Ms. Leah and Anna Banana at Houston's. Damn, they have good food. Later, Leah and her girls met us at the hotel pool, where the kids spent the next 3 hours. Us girls, known as the S.L.U.T.S., spent the time drinking wine, gossiping, discussing our futures and verbally bashing men. In other words, a good time was had by all!




Sunday morning we repacked the luggage and children in the big, stupid SUV and headed out. We ran to Border's to get coffee (I hear they sell books there, too!). The drive back was much like the drive to Atlanta, filled with threats, whining and tunes from my iPod. Even with the noise level, Saundra and I realized that we were content. In this day and age, that's a big deal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your S.L.U.T.S. acronym!! May I borrow it?
A weekend away sure is great, even if you do have to take the little darlin's, isn't it?? If you ever come in the direction of Greenville, let me know and we'll meet!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Cool! I'd love to meet up one of these days. And you can totally steal the S.L.U.T.S. acronym since it isn't mine! I found the cups in a local gift shop and decided that they were a must have. Aren't they great?

Thanks for the comment on my blog.
Sharon

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home