Thursday, September 22, 2005

FuzzyMabel

I was going to Atlanta for the weekend and had to get the oil changed in the big stupid SUV. I went to a place does the car wash/oil change combo thing, so I knew I would be there for a while. What do I do when I know my butt is going to be parked for a while? Why, I knit, of course! Much to my surprise, when I walked into the waiting area, someone else was already sitting there, knitting in public! And not just anyone, but Cynthia of FuzzyMabel.com fame! Let me tell you, she is a delight. This girl loves yarn! Then she told me the Earth-shattering news: She was opening a store on my island!!! An amazing yarn store in a small town in the coastal South, can it be true?

Time has passed and the store is open. Of course I was there bright and early the first day she was open and have been back on a couple of occasions to fondle her yarn. Check out the pics.

Cynthia is so great to work and really knows her stuff. She has such a great selection of yarns and accessories. She has a fabulous selection of needles, notions, books and patterns. You totally have to check it out. She even plans to offer classes! FuzzyMabel is located at 74 Boardwalk Plaza, St. Simons Island, GA. For those who are familiar with the island, the store is behind Calabash, near the car wash on Demere. She's at the back corner of the building and doesn't have a sign up yet. Just look for the number 74 on the door. I stopped by earlier this week to buy yarn for a Secret Pal project. Cynthia actually let me borrow some needles and check my gauge right there in the store. Run, don't walk, to her store!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home