Sunday, September 25, 2005

We've Been Adopted!

What is it about knitters and cats? Have you ever noticed that the majority of knitters seem to have cats. Even the blog Dogs Steal Yarn has been reporting on a recent addition to their family -- a cat!

We have been owned by a cat for several years, the ever mysterious Miss Kitty. We adopted her a few years ago. She was a feral kitten who was found on the side of the road and turned into a local vet. We brought her home and fell totally in love with her. As you can see from the photo, she is a beautiful tabby with a gorgeous white bib and white socks. She doesn't play with my yarn, but does like to bat at the ends of knitting needles and likes to chew on the wood ones. The only thing with Miss Kitty is that she is REALLY, REALLY shy. Most of my friends have never seen her. My cat sitter, who has taken care of her for weeks on end, has never seen her. She is a ghost cat.

On the opposite extreme is the aptly named Gray. Gray originally adopted the neighbor, John, across the street. John travels a lot so Gray has decided to split her time between the two houses and has adopted us. Every morning she is lounging on the patio furniture on my front porch. I have never seen a more friendly yard cat in my life. She lives to be petted, talked to and generally adored. We can't let her in the house as Miss Kitty is declawed. I feel I have the best of both worlds in the pet department: a cat to cuddle me in the house and a cat to keep me company on my porch and when I garden. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home