Monday, August 13, 2007

Coming up for air

I'm trying to take a moment to come up for air. So far I've been working for 8 days straight and don't really see myself taking a day off in the next week, possibly for 2 weeks. Because of the fact that I've spent most of my past days in meetings, I've had to spend evenings and a good part of the weekend getting my classroom ready for the first day of school on Wednesday.

Tomorrow is another morning of meetings, and then I head over to my school to try to pull together a simple lesson plan for Wednesday. The meetings have hit all parts of the the spectrum as far as their usefulness. At the top of the usefulness index would be the meetings presented by the publisher of our new textbooks. This was informative, to say the least. Going lower down on the scale of usefulness would be the county's presentations. This vacillated between very useful and 'wake me up when we are done.' Finally, at the very bottom, was the presentation by the state representative on standards. Seriously, dental work would have been less painful.

What I have been both delighted by and grateful for is the support being given to me by my colleagues. These are truly wonderful people. Not only do I have the great fortune to have an amazing mentor assigned to me, but our department head and another senior teacher have taken me under their wings.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Liv said...

Beautiful girl. Sweet, wonderful woman. Would it make you feel any better to know that my own little person might have come home singing "my humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps?"

Oh, honey, this is a headbanging time. Tell MB that his Auntie Liv might have to come down and straighten his webkins out if he doesn't shape up.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Tell MB his Auntie Gigi has a big 'ole scrub brush just rearing to go on his 'nasty behind'! And I'm going to let his 'guard from infancy',Peaches clean his ears & stand guard if He doesn't get his 'tude' back together!I Love ya both!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Ms. Packrat said...

Dare I suggest that you get a third party to hear about this from MB's lips lest you ever have to act to restrict Satan's access?

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are surrounded by encouragement in your new career. I hope this turns out to be a fantastic experience for you.

As far as MB and Satan... just shaking my head over here... unbelievable!

6:10 PM  
Blogger lu said...

Oh, the joys of teacher in-service. I'm sorry you haven't had any paid time in your room to work without interruption. Once you get kids in the classroom things will roll.

On Satan, I feel your pain on the lack of control, the South Park marathon and the lack of common sense. The whole boobs on the camera thing is way over the top. He is Satan. Man.

I didn't think it was possible to be more impressed with your poise, Gah...

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home