Friday, April 06, 2007

Road Food

I know this is sad, but I've only been home 20 minutes and I'm already blogging! I haven't even taken my bags out of Big Red yet! I just got back from visiting Reggie and Gigi in Charlotte while Monkey Boy is visiting with his dad during spring break. I'm a wuss who doesn't like to be at home without my Monkey Boy.

Are you like me when you travel in that you pretend to be picky about where you eat until you get really hungry? Here's my 'road food preference evolution':

Phase 1: "I'll stop when I see an Arby's."

Phase 2: "I'm kind of getting hungry. If I see an Arby's, Krystal's or Wendy's, I'll stop."

Phase 3: "I'm eating at whatever they have at the next exit!"

Fortunately, there was an Arby's at the next exit!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually did that once. The only difference was my next exit had an ice cream place with a bag of hamburgers(at least they were called hamburgers)12 for $2.00. No lie. By the next exit I hoped their was a toilet.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

Mine is more:

Well, maybe if there's a Starbucks or Chick-fil-a.

Alright, but only if it's Wendy's...

oh, cripes, I'll just starve. wait. there's half a bottle of Evian and an old goldfish on the floor mat. Salvation!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

liv, I can relate. I've actually gotten excited over finding a fruit rollup in the backseat pocket!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Rick, was this a chain food place like Krystal's or White Castle's? 12 for $2??!! It reminds me of the time my friend actually was surprised when she got sick from eating Chinese food at a truck stop. Everyone knows Chinese food + Truck stop = Food Poisoning!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home