Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Monkey Boy!

I know. I know. I'm late posting Monkey Boy's birthday photos. Such is life. I finally edited them so I'm ready to share them with you. Being 10, Monkey Boy told me that he was far too old to have an 'at home' birthday. So Monkey Boy gathered a group of friends and off we went to the that bastion of white-trash fun, the skating rink. Yes, here in the South we still have skating rinks. No, I don't mean ice skating. I mean roller rink, with neon paint on the walls and disco lights sprouting from the ceiling and children on wheels. If you haven't picked up on it, the skating rink is not my favorite place. I cringe every time they play an urban hip-hop freak song through the cheap speakers and some little Brittney Spears wanna-be wearing a t-shirt two sizes too small with 'Princess' printed on it shrieks in a country drawl, "I l-o-v-e this song!" I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Anyway, Monkey Boy and his posse had a good time which is the important thing. If you are wondering what a big time in South Georgia looks like, check it out:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home