Saturday, September 29, 2007

Good Bye

This blog has meant a great deal to me over the past couple of years. It has been a place to celebrate and a place to seek solace.

As most of you know, I have been going through a painful and long divorce, which has yet to be resolved. Satan, my pet name for my semi-Ex, has apparently been lurking around my site with his bimbo mistress. My private thoughts and words have now become ammunition for him to use as a new way to hurt me. Even though I have never used his or his bimbo's real name, he feels he has the right to throw what I say here on this site at me as evidence of what a terrible person I am. Therefore, I'm closing this blog. This is not an admission that I think he is right. This is my way of taking a tool of pain away from him. I'm in a place where I need to eliminate him from my life as much as I can. I can't totally do that as we have a child, my beloved Monkey Boy, but when and where I can, I will purge him from my world.

I will miss you. You have truly meant so much to me. I will eventually start a new blog and I'll stop by the sites of those who I count as my friends in this funny blogging world and let them know where it is. I'll continue to stop by your sites, but right now, I need to take a break.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Katey said...

I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand and applaud your carefully considered decision.

Hope to see you in the blogoshphere again in the future!

Hugs and happy thoughts!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Reggie said...

I understand. See you in a few girl.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Blessings! I have appreciated you a great deal. I am sad for you!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous terri said...

I have been missing you for quite a while as your posts have grown fewer and fewer. Know that you will be missed immensely and I applaud you for doing what is best for you and your son. Please let me know if and when you start again. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

I was starting to wonder if something was going on...
This is what's best for you now, so obviously it's the right decision.
Love, hugs, happy thoughts and laughs to you and Monkey Boy.

12:26 PM  
Blogger amusing said...

Best of luck to you -- and know that all of us (esp those who have walked in your shoes) are sending you good thoughts and hopes for the future.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Logziella said...

I enjoyed reading your blog...

I wish you all the best and you will be missed!

P.S.-what a jerk!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he is such a putz. I'm sorry you are leaving, but proud of you for taking something away from him. You ROCK!!! Talk to you soon.
-Leslie

11:01 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'll be sad to see you go, but your reason is very understandable -

8:29 AM  
Blogger Tim H. said...

Sorry you're leaving us... you'll be missed.

We will all look forward to your return to the blogospere... and we promise to keep it a secret from Satan. What an assmunch he must be.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

sad to see you go, I really enjoyed reading your blog. many blessings to you in this trying time, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

12:32 PM  
Blogger liv said...

I've got your back, girl. xoxo

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ms. Packrat said...

hey, if you come to atl, get in touch, OK? valeriapalmer@earthlink.net

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ali Kat said...

I'll especially miss your photog fridays! I've put many of the pics in my iphoto and think of you when I look through them. Blessings to you - be sure to come back when you're ready!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Mikeachim said...

I very much hope to hear from you soon. :)
(Yes, I'm back from my hiatus, which I took for much less sensible reasons than yours now).
Hope the dust settles unexpectedly quickly.

x Mikeachim

3:51 PM  
Blogger Freddie Sirmans said...

Just browsing the internet. Your blog is very, very interesting. great read.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home